On August 11, 2014 the final meeting of the Admission committee was held, where the speech of Acting Director of the Department of Personnel, Education and Science of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine A.P. Volosovets was heard. He described the organization of the Admissions Committee work’s as exemplary adjusted, thanked for excellently conducted work, noting particularly attentive attitude to the students at large, particularly from Eastern region of Ukraine and Crimea.
Sound report of the University’s Rector and Corresponding Member of the Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, Professor K.M. Amosova on the results of the Admission Committee’s work on admission students in 2014 was the main part of the meeting. The number of applications reached a historical maximum – 16 551 from 7 879 individuals (the ratio of internal duplication increased by 4.4% and amounted to 2.11), but in comparison with last year the number of applications from foreign nationals significantly reduced: 120 against 353 (as of 31.07.2014). Significantly increased the percent of electronic applications – 59.2% this year versus 38.9% in 2013; increased number of excellent pupils with gold and silver medals and diplomas with honors – 356 against 300 persons in 2013; increased the number of Kiev citizens – 239 (183 in 2013). From Donetsk region 405 people have applied (were enrolled – 30), from Luhansk region – 197 persons have applied (were enrolled – 20).
Average competitive score by regions: the highest is 590.45 in Lviv region, the lowest is 558.43 in Kyiv region Average competitive score by the University is 603.4.
In the report the head of the University outlined the features of the Admission Campaign 2014:
– Decrease (excluding students registered in the Donetsk and Lugansk regions) the number of people who took part in external assessment of knowledge compared to the year 2013 (chemistry, biology, physics, Ukrainian language and literature) – 250 thousand (315.6 thousand in 2013);
– Short term of applying to higher educational institutions of Ukraine from the 11th of July to the 1st of August, 2014;
– Filled in YEDEBO (Integrated national electronic database on education and electronic enrolment) the average score of the certificate, according to 12-point scale, is automatically transferred in 60-point scale using the value of “5” (last year it was 200-point scale);
– Participants of the antiterrorist operation are enrolled to study in higher educational institutions out of competition. (July 16, 2014, Law of Ukraine #1547-VII “On Amendments to Article 6 of the Law of Ukraine «On Status of War Veterans, guarantees of their social protection”);
– Documents for admission to higher educational institutions of applicants from the Crimea, Donetsk and Lugansk regions are accepted without their military card (Letter of the Ministry of Education and Science dated 04.07.2014, #1/ 9-348);
– Resolution of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine about acceptance documents about education and qualification level and their annexes issued by educational institutions from graduates of the year 2014 who lived or live in the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine (Letter of the Ministry of Education and Science dated 15.07.2014, #1/9-359);
– Higher educational institutions accept application-letter of guarantee from applicants from Donetsk and Lugansk oblasts, recommended for enrollment (in exchange for original documents) (Letter of the Ministry of Education and Science dated 01.08.2014, #1/9-389 and sample of application-letter of guarantee);
Rector K.M. Amosova pointed out such innovations of admission campaign’14:
– OPTIMIZATION OF THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE, APPLYING THROUGHOUT THE DAY (reduction the time of submission documents, reduction the load on the staff of Admissions Committee);
– THE USE OF ELECTRONIC REGISTRATION BOOKS (reduction the time of submission documents, optimization of reporting);
– IMPLEMENTATION of “SINGLE CONTACT” PRINCIPLE(reduction the time of submission documents, optimization of reporting);
– KEEPING ELECTRONIC DATABASE OF THE DRAFT AGREEMENTS (reduction of consumable materials for work, reduction the paperwork) and so on;
– FILLING APPLICANTS’ ON-LINE DATA IN YEDEBO (optimization of data processing of the applicants, there is no separate computer group).
Proposals for improvement of work of the Admissions Committee of Bogomolets National Medical University in 2014/2015 academic year:
– To address the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine with a proposal to increase the licensed admission number for specialty “Medicine” by reducing the licensed admission number for specialty “Medical and prevention care” (in agreement with the Ministry of Health and SSES (The State Sanitary Epidemiological Service of Ukraine );
– To amend the Terms of admission to higher educational institutions of Ukraine in 2015 on the order of admission of persons whom the Law of Ukraine “On status and social protection of citizens affected by the Chernobyl disaster” defined the right to the special conditions of admission, namely to determine the right of the admission of such applicants just out of the competition, regardless of whether or not they have honor certificate (to cancel the interview);
– To save the volume of public orders for admission to National Medical University and other Higher medical educational institutions of Ukraine in the year 2015 at the level of the year 2014, avoiding their reduction;
– To consider the experience of current Admission campaign as positive according to the start of acceptance documents since the 11th of July and its completion on the 1st of August.
“Plan of public order – 793 individuals – is performed in full” – K.M. Amosova emphasized.
The discussion of the report was attended by Acting Director of the Department of Personnel, Education and Science of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine A.P. Volosovets, vice-rector for scientific and pedagogical work, professor. Ya.V. Tsekhmister, vice-rector for scientific and pedagogical, medical work and postgraduate education O.M. Naumenko, Deputy Rector for training foreign citizens O.O. Zakordonets, Dean of the Medical Faculty #3 professor V.I. Petrenko