DEPARTMENT OF FORENSIC MEDICINE AND MEDICAL LAW
Information for students
Section of medical law
Calendar and thematic plan of lectures
Calendar and thematic plan of practical classes
Calendar-Thematic Plan for CRCs
Schedule for pre-consultation and counseling
Schedule of workouts
TOPICS OF PRACTICAL STUDIES ON THE COURSE
«FORENSIC MEDICINE, MEDICAL LAW»,
FOR STUDENTS 4 TH YEAR STUDETNS OF MEDICAL FACULTIES,
STUDENTS ON CREDIT-MODULAR SYSTEM
Organizational and procedural fundamentals of forensic medical examination in Ukraine. Examination of the corpse on place of the accident.
– Forensic medical thanatology. Forensic autopsy (demonstration). Taking formal note of a forensic medical examination of the corpse.
– Forensic autopsy in case of a sudden death. An independent autopsy. Traumatic death of newborns. Taking formal note of a forensic medical examination of the corpse.
– Forensic-medical examination of alive persons. Determine the severity of injury, health and age. Forensic medical examination of the controversial sexual states and sexual offences.
– General issues of forensic medical traumatology. Injuries inflicted by blunt objects. Forensic medical examination of the injuries and transport injury.
– Injuries with sharp objects. Forensic medical substantiation of the mechanism of injury and death causes during injuries caused the blunt and sharp objects.
– Forensic medical examination of gunshot injuries. Forensic medical justification of mechanism of injury and death caused by action of firearms.
– Forensic medical examination of mechanical asphyxia. Forensic medical substantiation of the mechanism of injuries and causes of death from various types of mechanical asphyxia.
– Forensic-medical examination of material evidence. Examination of blood, hair and body secretions.
– Medical legislation in the system of social regulation of medical activities. Legal status of subjects of medical relationships.
– International legal standards in the area of health. Legislative support of health protection of Ukraine and other states. Moral and ethical aspects of medical practice.
– Legal regulation of some types health care. Medical assistance and medical intervention under the laws of Ukraine.
– Legal regulation of employment of medical workers.
– The legal responsibility of medical workers for vocational job violations in health care.
– Criminal responsibility of medical workers for vocational violtaions in public health.
The final control module.
List of questions to prepare students
in the final module control
1. Forensic medicine as a science. Forensic medical examination. Expert, forensic expert, doctor-expert.
2. Stages of development of forensic medicine. Features of the modern V stage.
3. Role of the forensic examination in work of justice and health.
4. Contribution of outstanding scientists: professors P.A.Minakov, S.O.Gromov, M.S.Bokarius, M.I.Raiskyi, M.O.Obolonskyi, M.V.Popov, Ju.S.Sapozhnykov, I.O.Kontsevych, A.F.Rubizhanskyi, A.M.Fadieieva in the development of forensic medicine.
5. Organization of forensic medical service in Ukraine in accordance with the current legislation. Normative-legal acts, which regulate a forensic medical examination.
6. Organization of forensic medical service in Ukraine. Structure of the Bureau of forensic medical examination. The functions of its divisions.
7. Rights, duties and responsibilities of a forensic expert and doctor-expert during performance of expert functions. The guarantee of the independence of the expert.
8. Objects and types of forensic examinations. Organization of carrying out forensic examinations and studies: designation, documentation and its components.
9. Corpses, which are supposed to be the forensic autopsy. Forensic-medical and patologoanatomy autopsy, their peculiarities.
10. The definition of “death”. Forensic medical classification of death. The definition of the category, type and kind of death. Role of the forensic medical expert in setting up the kind of violent death. 3. The definition about thanatology. General, special and molecular thanatology.
11. Pathophysiology of the process of dying. Terminal condition. Fast and agonal death.
12. Clinical and biological death, their diagnostics. Imaginary death.
13. The use of organs and tissues for transplantation. Legal and medical aspects. “Brain death”.
14. Cadaveric spots and their forensic medical value.
15. Cadaveric rigidity, the theory of appearing. Forensic medical value.
16. Cadaveric cooling and cadaveric drying. Forensic medical value.
17. Autolis and its symptoms in the internal organs.
18. Cadaveric decay: the mechanism of development and symptoms.
19. Entomofauna of a corpse and its medical value.
20. Later corpse effects. Natural and artificial preservation of the corpse. Forensic medical value.
21. General rules, procedure and stages of forensic autopsy of corpse. Documentation. The medical death certificate.
22. Features of the study of the corpse of the unknown person.
23. Forensic medical criterias for determining the prescription of death coming: for corpse signs, supravital reactions and results of laboratory studies.
24. The role of the doctor-specialist in forensic medicine of the examination of the corpse at the place of its finding. Phases of the examination of the place.
25. Unexpected (sudden) death. Definition, medical and social importance. The risk factors.
26. Sudden death from cardiovascular disease. Acute and chronic ischemic heart disease.
27. Sudden infant death. Sudden infant death syndrome.
28. Sudden death from diseases of the respiratory system.
29. Sudden death from diseases of the central nervous system and infectious diseases.
30. Features a forensic medical examination of newborn’s body. Indication of a newborn.
31. Forensic medical solution of issues, which are arising in the study of the corpse of the newborn.
32. Causes of newborn death. Traumatic death of the newborn. Infanticide.
33. Examination of alive persons: reasons destination, features of carring out and documentation. Legal classification and expert criterias of injuries severity.
34. Grievous bodily harm, their characteristics, peculiarities of the examination.
35. Grievous bodily harm with the hazard to life.
36. Forensic medical examination of sexual crimes.
37. Forensic medical examination of the controversial sexual state.
38. Forensic medical examination of the state of healh: aggravation scales, simulation, dissimilation, artificial and imaginary illness, self-harming.
39. Definition of „trauma”. Environmental factors, which influence on the body. Injuries classification. Anatomical and functional injuries. Injuries and its types. Features descriptions of skin injuries.
40. Injuries inflicted by blunt objects, their classification, the mechanism of action.
41. Abrasion, its medical value.
42. Bruise, its medical value.
43. Сlogged wound, its medical value.
44 . Fractures of flat and tubular bones, which arose from the action blunt solid objects.
45. Traumatic brain injury: its kinds – impression, acceleration, diffuse axonal lesions.
46. Features of injuries during fall from a self height /on the plane, and from the body falling from a height.
47. Features of injuries during rail trauma.
48. Autotrauma, classification. Features of injuries during collision of the car with a pedestrian.
49. Cut, stab wound, their features witch is connected with the type of violent death. The definition of the course of the wound channel.
50. Stab-incised wound.
51. Chopped wound.
52. Main causes of death caused by blunt solid and sharp objects, their substantiation.
53. Forensic medical indication of intravitality of injuries by histological, histochemical and biochemical methods.
54. Classification of small arms. Device combat chuck and mechanism of shot. Additional factors of a gunshot. The kinetic energy of the bullet.
55. The mechanism of action of the ball on the body depending on the kinetic energy. Hydrodynamic effect.
56. Signs shot. Signs of suicide with a firearm.
57. Signs of a shot from close and far away.
58. Injuries shot. Hunting cartridge. Estimation of the distance of the shot.
59. Features of bullet injuries of flat and tubular bones. Determination of the direction of the wound channel and sequence of shots.
60. The value of laboratory research methods during the examination of fire arm injuries.
61. Asphyxia, definition of the term, classification of species, intravutal course. The stage of returning to life with asphyxia state.
62. General signs of asphyxia, their forensic medical value.
63. Hanging, and its diagnostic signs.
64. Strangulation by the loop.
65. Strangulation by hands.
66. Closing holes mouth and nose.
67. Death from mechanical asphyxia as a result of ingress of outside objects and vomit into the respiratory tract.
68. Compression of the chest and abdomen.
69. Forensic medical diagnosis of death from drowning.
70. Local effects of high temperature on the body. Burns of the skin from the action of various thermal factors. Features of the studies of charred corpses. Signs of intravitality getting the body into the fire.
71. The total effect high temperature on the body. Overheating. Sunstroke.
72. The local effect of the cold. Frostbite.
73. The overall effect of the cold. Death from hypothermia. Features of the study of the frozen corpses.
74. Death from technical current. Mechanism of action on the human body. The current loop. Forensic medical diagnosis of marks electrical.
75. Injuries by atmospheric electricity.
76. Forensic medical examination of the effects of ionizing radiation.
77. Local effects of ionizing radiation
78. The overall effects of ionizing radiation. Substantiation of cause of death.
79. Laser injury. The mechanism of action of laser radiation.
80. Forensic medical examination of the actions sharply changed pressure. Barotrauma.
81. The definitiom “poison”. Features of influence of poisons. Classification of poisons and poisonings. Forensic medical sources for diagnosis of poisoning. Rules of withdrawal of the internal organs for forensic toxicological research.
82. Poisoning of corrosive poisons.
83. Destructive poisons. Poisoning by organic and inorganic mercury compounds.
84. Poisoning with carbon monoxide.
85. Poisoning substances that form methemoglobin.
86. Arsenic poisoning
87. Thallium poisoning.
88. Functional poison. Classification, Peculiarities of diagnostics of the causes of death.
89. Poisoning by organic phosphorus compounds.
90. Poisoning by cyanide compounds.
91. Poisoning by hypnotics.
92. The poisoning by ethyl alcohol.
93. Poisoning by surrogate alcohol.
94. Drug poisoning /morphine, heroin, opium, cocaine, etc/.
95. Drugs mushrooms
96. Strychnine, atropine poisoning.
97. Poisoning by mushrooms.
98. Forensic evaluation of health disorders in the case of food poisoning and food intoxication. Real and fake food poisoning. Foodborne diseases and bacterial intoxication. Food mycotoxicoses.
99. Рealth impairment from bacteria, viruses, fungi, prions. Forensic medical evaluation.
100. Features of forensic medical examination in case of action of the biological factors. Sources diagnostics.
101. The defiiinition of physical evidence classification. Rules on confiscation and directions of physical evidence for examination. Organization of expert examination of biological material evidence.
102. Features of traces of blood at the scene. The main issues that are decided during study of the traces of blood.
103. Determination of the blood presence, oriented and evidence-based methods.
104. The definition of individual facilities of blood in the spot. The essence of the methods of the “top glass”, reaction absorption-elution.
105. Genomic fingerprinting.
106. Definition of species, gender, blood and prescription of traces of blood.
107. Study of hair. Questions, that were decided during examination of this object.
108. Methods of research spots sperm.
109. Organization of medical- criminalistic research: methods, purpose and objectives.
110. Photographic methods of research – scientific, color, stereoscopic, research and microphotography.
111. Optical methods of investigation: stereomicroscopy, phase-contrast, scanning electron microscopy.
112. X-ray studies in forensic medicine.
113. Research of objects in ultraviolet, infrared rays. Luminescent research.
114. Methods for determination of metallization in skin injuries: color chemical reactions; method of color prints, electrography research.
115. Modern methods of determining the mineral composition of the forensic medical examination – emission spectral analysis, atomic absorption spectrophotometry, neutron-activation analysis.
116. Identification studies of instrument injuries: comparative, traceology, prophilographic.
117. Forensic-medical expertise identification and bone residues and skull (method photo combination, method AGI, correlation analysis, computer technology).
THEMES OF ABSTRACTS
OF COURSE «MEDICAL LAW»
1. Definition, functions and social purpose of the state.
2. Definition, attributes, functions and sources of law.
3. Definition and structure of the rule of law. The legal force of legal acts.
4. Normative act as a source of Ukrainian law. System of law.
5. State regulation of health care and medical activity as a function of the state .
6. The role and importance of medical ethics and deontology in the general structure of social regulation of medical activities.
7. Bioethics as a complex science, dealing with issues of medicine in the perspective of the protection of human rights.
8. Historical and legal overview of the normative regulation of health.
9. Codification of legislation about health protection.
10. The World Health Organization.
11. Vital questions of protection of patients’ rights
12. The main directions of improving health organization.
13. The right to life and medical activity: relationship issues
14. Legal problems of abortion.
15. Morally-ethical and legal aspects of euthanasia.
16. Medical aid and medical service: the relationship between the definitions.
17. Legislative support of the organization of the state sanitary and epidemiological service.
18. Definiton of improved service medical care.
19. Declaration of human rights to life
20. Legal regulation of work of employees, which combine work with studies.
21. Legal regulation of employment of medical workers.
22. Program of government guarantees for providing the citizens of Ukraine with free medical care.
23. Deefinition, types and subjects of medical insurance.
24. Compulsory medical insurance funds.
25. System and contract of medical insurance.
26. Rights and obligations of the policyholder, the medical insurance organization and medical institution.
27. Responsibility of the parties in the system of medical insurance.
28. Informed consent to medical intervention.
29. Legal ensuring of protection of childhood and motherhood in Ukraine.
30. The legal regulation of family planning and human reproduction in Ukraine.
31. Legal regulation of transplantation of organs and other human anatomical materials.
32. Legal regulation of blood and its components in Ukraine.
33. The legal procedure for using of medicines.
34. Legal regulation of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances and precursors.
35. Legal regulation of biomedical research in Ukraine.
36. Legal regulation of the provision of psychiatric care.
37. Legal aspects of prevention and treatment of infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis.
38. Legal issues of medical secrecy.
39. Urgent ethical and legal issues of cloning.
40. Conditions for the lawfulness of conducting medical experiments with parcticipation of human.
41. Legal assessment of adverse patient outcomes.
42. Medical errors as a legal category.
43. Accidents with the position of the medical law.
44. Place of iatrogenic pathology in the structure of the adverse results of medical interventions.
45. Actual problems of legal responsibility of medical workers.
46. Criminal responsibility of medical workers for committing crimes professional.
47. Criminal responsibility of medical workers for the commission of crimes by officials.
48. Examination of defects of rendering of medical aid.
49. Temporary disability examination.
50. Medical-social expertise.
51. Military-medical examination.
52. Forensic medical examination.
53. Forensic psychiatric examination.
54. Medical law in the works of Ukrainian scientists.
55. Problems of the improvement of medical law in Ukraine.