DEPARTMENT OF ORTHODONTICS AND PROSTHODONTICS PROPAEDEUTICS
Date of establishment the department – June 28, 1982
Head of the Department
Kostiuk Tatiana Mykhaylivna
Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor
|Department address :||St. Zoologichna, 1, Kyiv
|Clinical base:||Dental Medical Center of NMU named after O.O. Bogomolets (Zoologichna str., 1).|
The Department of Orthodontics and Prosthodontics Propedeutics is a structural division of the Dental Faculty of the O.O. Bohomolets National Medical University. The staff of the department, under the leadership of Doctor of Medical Sciences Tetiana Mykhaylivna Kostiuk, continues and develops the traditions of the scientific school of orthodontics of NMU.
The clinical base of the department is the Dental Medical Center of NMU named after O.O. Bogomolets (Zoologichna str., 1).
The department of orthodontics and prosthodontics propaedeutics has 7 equipped propaedeutic offices, 6 clinical offices with 26 modern dental units.
The department employs 3 professors, 13 associate professors, 5 assistants, 6 senior laboratory assistants and 5 technical laboratory assistants. 12 doctors of the department of orthodontics and prosthodontics propaedeutics of the Dental Medical Center of NMU are also involved in the scientific and pedagogical process. 11 postgraduate students and 2 doctoral students are studying at the department.
Phone number of the department: 044-483-13-02
Disciplines studied at the undergraduate stage:
- Introduction to clinical dentistry: Preclinical course of orthodontics
- Medical practice in orthodontics
- Elective course “Multibonding equipment in the complex treatment of maxillofacial anomalies and deformations”
- Elective course “Digital technologies in orthodontics”
- Elective course “Modeling the anatomical shape of teeth”
- Elective course “Concepts of orthodontic treatment of patients with denthognatic anomalies and deformities in different age periods”